Thursday 5 May 2016

Post Election Statement

It was an honour to be selected as the Ceredigion Liberal Democrat candidate for the Welsh Assembly elections 2016.  I fought the election campaign because I care about people; and I also care about the future of Ceredigion.  I am grateful to have had the opportunity to canvass across the county, to discuss the issues that impact on our daily lives and to meet people from all walks of life. 

It’s been an exciting campaign and we have attracted a huge amount of political attention to Ceredigion; which can only be a good thing. Together, we have made sure that the politicians in the National Assembly have Ceredigion well and truly on their radar.  We have ensured that our issues such as the Aberystwyth to Carmarthen rail link, investment in Bronglais hospital and getting our schools properly resourced have been at the forefront of the election campaign. I have also been passionate about getting better mental health services in Ceredigion and ensuring that mental health has parity with physical health. 

I fully respect the decision of the residents of Ceredigion to return Elin to the Assembly. I wish her well in fighting for the residents of Ceredigion over the next five years.

I would like to sincerely thank each and every resident of Ceredigion who put their faith in me and voted; diolch yn  fawr iawn.   I would also like to thank everyone who supported my campaign locally and on-line and to colleagues from across the Liberal Democrat party who travelled to Ceredigion because they believed in what we were trying to achieve.   

I will continue to serve residents of Aberaeron as their local councillor and to support Mark Williams as our Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament.  

With best wishes/Cofion gorau

Liz
(Elizabeth Evans)